10 controversial moments in Miss Universe beauty pageant history
1. Mary Leona Gage was barred from 1957’s Miss Universe after judges found she had lied during Miss USA.
2. Brenda Robles was stripped of Miss Puerto Rico title in 1994 after discovering her pregnancy.
3. In 1996, Donald Trump publicly shamed Miss Universe Alicia Machado for winning the pageant.
4. Miss Lebanon Christina Sawaya dropped out of the pageant in 2002 because of global politics.
5. During 2008 pageant, Miss Puerto Rico Ingrid Marie Rivera's clothes and makeup were allegedly pepper sprayed.
6. In 2015, Steve Harvey crowned the wrong winner, Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutiérrez.
7. Miss USA, Miss Australia, and Miss Colombia were accused of bullying contestants during the 2018 pageant.
8. Miss Puerto Rico 2016 was stripped from her title after telling reporters: “I just do not like cameras”.
9. Miss Bolivia Maria Pavisic lost her title for comparing two Miss Universe contestants to transsexual
10. Miss Peru 2019 Anyella Grados lost her crown after a leaked video showed her drunk during a party.
Stay updated on all the latest in entertainment and celebrity news with Beem.
See More Stories