If you are living the American dream or want to add to your current earnings, looking for Target part-time jobs cannot be a better way. Target is the eighth largest retail chain in the US and operates over 1,900 stores in all 50 states. It employs more than 400,000 people and has a large variety of options, including part-time, 100% remote, and flexible schedule modes of work available to choose from. Over 65% of Target employees said they are happy with the treatment and the opportunities they receive at the company, compared to only 57% of employees at any other U.S.-based company.
Furthermore, Target has updated its work mode options after the pandemic in 2021, increasing the types of part-time jobs available. No longer are the options limited to warehouse operators and cashiers. Instead, specialists, corporate and internships, and other opportunities such as sales representatives, operations experts, hiring managers, and software engineering have also been available as part-time jobs at Target. This guide will help you find part-time jobs at Target and how much salary is offered by the retailer in the country.
Also Known About : Part-Time IT Jobs
Requirements for Target Part-Time Jobs
In securing Target part-time jobs in the United States, there are specific requirements one needs to fulfill. Generally, you must meet the minimum age requirement of 16, although some positions may require an older age limit. It is, therefore, essential to ensure the specific age for the role you are interested in.
It is better if you are legally permitted to work in the country by citizenship, work visa, or permanent residency. Most part-time jobs at Target require you to work with customers regularly. Therefore, effective communication and a customer service-based attitude will be preferable when applying customer service skills.
It is, however, essential to realize that requirements may depend on the job you are applying for. Some jobs may require heavy lifting, late nights, constant standing, or fast typing. Choose the best-suited job for you after thorough research. To obtain more detailed information about their hiring process and specific requirements, you can visit their official Target career website. It summarises all the requirements according to Target’s part-time jobs.
Also Know About: Part-Time Bookkeeping Jobs
How Much Target Part-Time Jobs Pay?
The pay for Target part-time jobs in the United States varies depending on location, position, experience, and the required work. However, competitive wages are prioritized, with an increase in the starting wage initiated every other year. In September 2021, the starting wage increased from $11 to $15 an hour. Recently, Target announced soon they would be revising this figure again. They are expected to increase the starting wage from $15 to $24 (per hour). It will be more than triple the current US minimum wage of $7.25.
In addition to competitive wages, Target offers various benefits and opportunities for career advancement, even for part-time employees and interns. Health insurance, including dental and vision benefits, is necessary to ensure employees’ well-being.
Moreover, Target recognizes the importance of a healthy work-life balance and provides flexible working hours, even for Target part-time jobs employees. Providing multiple opportunities for community involvement, volunteer work, and workshops ensures that their employees gain the necessary stimulation to grow in their careers and build essential experiences.
Also Know About : Part Time Jobs at Amazon
How To Prepare and Apply For Target Part-Time Jobs?
With so much competition, preparing for any part-time job requires a strategic approach to increase your success. Target is a very team-oriented company focusing on its employees’ career growth and customer satisfaction.
- It is advised to familiarize yourself with their values, mission, and specific requirements for the position you are applying for. Such efforts allow you to align your capabilities and experiences with what they seek. It will also enable you to speak more comfortably with them and let your personality shine during an interview.
- Ensure that your resume is tailored to highlight specific skills that will make you more hirable. Avoid too many words and keep it short, concise, and to the point.
- To apply for Target part-time jobs, complete an online application form on their official website. Having all your documents in a folder is a good idea to avoid searching your entire history for something specific. Ensure that everything is prepared, all necessary documents are scanned, and all official documents are certified before beginning the application process.
- Once everything is well organized, complete the online application procedure and all the supporting documents.
- Once you press submit, it will take around five business days to hear back from them, although this period could sometimes be shorter.
- You must prepare well for the interview and familiarise yourself with the brand. Ensure to practice interview questions and showcase your customer service skills.
Don’t get discouraged if reverting to you takes seven business days. It is always advised to follow up with their HR team. Following up shows interest and willingness to work, which has always been positive.
Also Known About : Remote Summer Jobs for College Students
Considered one of the top employers in the country, Target offers an extensive range of part-time jobs with flexible working hours to accommodate a healthy work-life balance for individuals seeking employment. The company has expanded its options beyond traditional roles, including specialist and corporate functions in Target part-time jobs.
Target part-time jobs offer competitive wages with a starting salary of $15 per hour, which will likely increase to $24 an hour in the next two years. Alongside a competitive salary, Target also offers medical insurance, eye and dental care, and career-building opportunities. Target is one of the few companies that value employees just like their customers and happily welcome part-time employees.